Saturday 14 March 2009

My Answers To The "True Love" Question

When pondering my "what is true love" scenario the other day, I forgot to ask myself two very important questions. Can you measure true love? Can you quantify true love? The answer to those questions is quite categorically NO. You can only FEEL it. I believe that is why many people would struggle to answer my original question as not everyone has a symbiotic relationship with their own feelings and emotions.
And so, if I now ask myself "have you ever felt true love", then my 100% confident answer is YES. For five months I knew what true love was. When a look or a touch says more than words alone. When words shared can bring joy and light into a dark room. When dreams are shared and inspiration free flows. When problems are not problems, just things to do. When smiles are passed from one happy face to one sad face. When you are joined as one nothing else matters for those moments in time apart from sharing each other. When you do not question your future together, you just know that it will be.
And so, I have now answered my own question.
The follow up questions are now: "if you do find true love, how can you lose it"; "can you ever find true love again"; "if you find true love with one person, can you find it with another person"; "can it only be true love if both people feel it"? I already have very strong opinions on all of those questions.....