Tuesday 24 March 2009

Training: Day 13

Plan: AM: 45 mins RR.  PM - 45 mins RR.
Reality: 70 mins with three dogs @ 5 am. 30 mins around London @ 12:30 pm.
Significant events: 3 dogs!! Yipee, Krofti wanted to come this morning.  Extremely significant after last night's dream!
Comments: Delighted that Kroft came, unfortunately he was in complete "doddle" mode and so I was pulled from behind by him on the left and dragged forwards by Kez on the right!  Very sore shin - upon investigation I discovered that I have a huge bruise, souvenir from Sunday's tumble.  Somewhat relieved as it felt more like a muscle sprain at one point.
Met an abandoned cockerel this morning.  Poor little guy was just wondering aimlessly down the road.  I was dragged for about 400 metres by my "wolf killing machines" in full on hunt mode!  Just as I thought that in order to preserve my own life I was going to have to allow the cockerel to be sacrificed, he managed to find a hole in the hedge and squeeze through to safety.  Whewww.
Lunchtime run included my first visit to the MAC store on Regent Street and then a scenic trip through Horse Guard's Parade - wanted to share my lunchtime carrots with the horses!