Sunday 22 March 2009

Training: Day 11

Plan: 2 hour easy run
Reality: Just over 2 hours easy run with three dogs
Significant Events: Gorgeous morning.  Fabulous run, inspired and fully energized (with the exception of the "drop & drag" experience)
Comments: Experienced my first "drop & drag" incident courtesy of a brown husky!  I lost my balance tripping over an unidentified obstruction on the track (most probably a tree root), Kez panicked when I fell over and dashed forward instinctively.  He was attached to my waist belt and so pulled me forwards as I fell and then dragged my body along the track for a short distance.  Very painful and shocking impact for me.  Injuries luckily are not too serious: mildly sprained wrist; swollen, bruised & grazed knees; bruising & cuts on shin; minor grazes on left shoulder, thigh & back.  The resulting adrenalin from the fall kept me going for another 90 minutes.  Suffered increasing stiffness & general aches throughout the day.  Guess I will have to reclassify this run as "non easy"!!  Good test of my determination and commitment to my training plan - passed with flying colours me thinks!!