Friday 20 March 2009

Intertwining of Emotions

I can feel inspired, motivated and open minded in the morning.  I can also feel depressed, negative and close minded in the morning.  Do the two have to inter twine within the fabric of my mind?

It is my birthday morning and I am inspired.  I am motivated and driven, an exciting new day ahead.  Another year has passed and I have evolved further.  I remember this day exactly two years ago.  I remember the words of that song.  Remember my resolve and the determination that then followed.  I have succeeded, achieved more than I thought possible.  There is a long way to go yet, but I have a lifetime to get there.....

It is my birthday lunchtime and I feel very much alone and very lonely.  Standing in the centre of the city of London, surrounded by thousands of people.  I feel overwhelming sadness.  I should not feel this.  I have just started an amazing new job, have so many happy things and people in my life and yet I am here in this sad little place.  Alone.  I forget where I was this morning and stay where I am, for now.  I wish "the kiddies" were here...

It is my birthday evening.  I am happy.  I feel so alive, energized and free spirited.  I am connected to people and connected to life.  Energized by these connections, flowing through my veins, my heart beating loud and strong.  I am standing only 200 yards from my lonely place at lunchtime.  I smile at the very thought of "the kiddies" being here....

It is the end of my birthday, 30 minutes past midnight.  I like where I am.  I feel content.  I like my world.