Sunday 8 April 2012

Dear Mommy, I know where you are...


Dear Mommy,

I am so happy. I know where you are....

Yesterday I met the most amazing dog. He was so big and wise, and had a twinkle in his eye every time he spoke to me. He did not scare me and I felt so safe with him. He told me that he knows where you are and that he would take me to you. He told me to be patient as I had to enjoy a very special time before I could see you. I am very impatient, but I trust this dog and know he means what he says. He looks like Krofti, only much bigger and speaks with the funny accent like my human mum.

I don't live with human mum and dad any more. I live in a very special place where everyone smiles and is happy. I am never hungry and I am allowed to play with everyone. There are so many nice people and animals where I am. I never get told what to do and I can jump and bounce and make as much noise as I want. I never feel pain and my head never hurts like it used to.

I am not sure how I got here, suddenly this big dog just appeared and stood in front of me. He said that I would need to say goodbye to human mum and dad, they could not come where we were going, but they would know where I was and that I would be forever safe and happy.

I did as he said and as he walked away, I trotted after him. We ran for hours and I never got tired, my legs did not hurt and I didn't run out of puff. We stopped often to look around us and to play with all the other animals and humans. He let me sniff all the blades of grass and run after all the squirrels. I did not want to hurt the squirrels, I just wanted to rub my nose in their big bushy tails, and they let me do this, it was so much fun.

After we had run for hours and a day, the big dog stopped and told me he had a very special present for me. He was looking far in the distance and I followed his gaze.....

I could see human mum and dad and all the “K” pack. Mum and dad looked so sad. I shouted “woo, woo” in my loudest voice, but they did not turn to smile at me.

“They cannot hear you young Kobi” said the big dog, “only you can see and hear them, you cannot speak to them or touch them. From here, forever and a day you will be able to watch over them”.

I lay down and watched for a very long time....

Kez slept a lot, something he never used to do. When he awoke he walked around in a very relaxed way. I never heard him growl and he nuzzled Kroi a lot. He played with Kroi, I don't remember him ever doing that. I remember when Kez played with me and helped me learn to trust mum and dad, helped me run and have fun.

Kroi played with Kez and all his toys, but not the fluffy caterpillars. Mum had given us both our very own fluffy caterpillar, I took the insides out of mine and Kroi pulled all the legs off his.

As I watched I saw that Krofti no longer slept upstairs and looked like a puppy again, he kept bouncing around like a little spring lamb, legs flying everywhere. Even Kade was bouncy and playing with him. I never once heard Kade cry or whine.

I saw Kez and Kroi run together in a race. I watched Kroi do all the things that I had taught him to do. I smiled when he tried to play with the dogs watching the race. I used to do that and Kez taught me not to do it when racing, just like he was telling Kroi. They ran really quickly, but I smiled when I realised that Kroi didn't run as fast I did the last time Kez and I raced together.

As I watched them I saw the big dog smile and look fondly upon the pack. I realised then who this big dog is. He is the creator of the “K” pack, the very heart of all that now lived below us. The last thing human mum had said to me was to go and find him, and here he was.....

I smiled and said many “woo, woo's”, the big dog smiled and turned to me. “We will return here whenever you want, with me always by your side. For now we must go and meet you real mommy. Dreams always come true for the true and good creatures in this world and the time is right for this one...”

This will be my last ever letter to you mommy, next time we talk I will “woo, woo” my words in your ear...

Forever,
Kobi.