Wednesday 21 October 2009

Best Diet Ever - Fall in Love!!

It's official.... Fall in love and the weight drops off!
Is it due to all those delightful chemicals floating around the brain, or is it just that comfort eating is no longer required?
Is it because "love" provides a fuel like no other? A fuel that negates the need for chocolate.... the excitement, the energy, the feelings that come with all that is associated with "love" - sharing dreams, planning dreams, achieving dreams... Mind feeding off body, body feeding off mind...
What ever the reason, I am noticing a significant change in body size and shape, in a very positive way. Starting to feel confident about my little personal target to wear my Scotland Team hot pants in a race before the end of the season....
I am also feeling more confident in my running - very noticeable in a tough training session this evening, one of those ones when you really fear for the loss of your lunch! Post run check of my Garmin seems to prove that running improvements are definitely happening.

Have no fear though, I have no intention of losing any more weight, just a wee tone up here and there, a wee boost of confidence and then bingo, those hot pants can finally get their maiden voyage. But I am targeting some pretty major running improvements....
P.S. It does not need to be a person that you fall in love with. Fall in love with life! Or even just a thought or an act, or maybe even just a dream.