Sunday 11 October 2009

The Plan


THE PLAN.
Simply started out as the intention to finally run that snow marathon that I have dreamed of for years. Spoken about to a select few.
Ever since I knew that running and huskies works well together the dream had festered. Why not make it happen, and why not do it for charity? Why not now?
I have always said that one day I will run a big one for a very worthwhile charity. Well, they are not going to get much bigger than this one as I now know that there is a 100k race in Antartica... Much better than just a marathon, and more of a Sandra challenge.
Since then my mind has been working overtime, if I run a 100k in one of the coldest and most inhospitable habitats on Earth, then why not balance that out by running a 100k in Africa? One year after the snow run. Just think of the potential charity fund raising opportunities......
As I was sitting in the sauna and steam rooms today I even contemplated asking for permission to move one of the treadmills into the room so that I could practice acclimatising myself to oppressive heat! Maybe once I know them a little better...
Anyway, THE PLAN has now positively crescendoed since then. Many fund raising and attention grabbing challenges to pursue and to write about. To share with others and to include others. Motivate, inspire and enrol. All ideas have the X100run theme and are presently being pulled together into a business plan proposal that I will be sharing....
Is it possible to raise £100k for a very worthwhile and world wide charity?
I have already dipped my toes in the sea of opportunity and approached several million pound/ dollar companies (one of them is American) with the basic idea in principle - and been met with very positive responses.