Wednesday 23 September 2009

Commonwealth Post Mortem


Even before I finished the race I was performing a post portem within my mind. Where/ why did it go wrong.
There is a simple answer. Me - my pig headedness, stubborness and lack of money.
The first thing that the medic told me post race in the first aid tent after I collapsed was that I was wearing the wrong ankle support for my condition. She believed that it was causing me more problems that it was solving. Pushing the joint out of alignment and forcing it to try and preserve my already vulnerable ankle by collapsing.
Had I sought physio treatment for ankle and hip this would probably have been highlighted and I would have been advised to try other types of support. Much like the one I have had my eye on for several weeks but could not afford to buy, and did not want to take a risk do close to THE race.
A new era for Sandra is just about to begin.