Friday 22 June 2012

Krofti: Time for the world to know just how special he is..


Krofti, always there, yet not.... Kroi and Kez attract all the attention as Krofti quietly does what he does best....

Many know him as the one that “sings” at the start of parkrun; the one that doesn't “race”; the one that likes his cuddles; the one that quietly sits in the background....

I know him well, and for way too long, I have taken him for granted....

Krofti is nearly 11 years of age. He has experienced a lifetime of good, bad, and ugly... I have shared this lifetime with him....

Krofti was Kai's grandson, his father was Kade's brother.

In his life to date he has won numerous showing awards, raced in many countries and pulled rigs, dog sleds, bikes and humans. He has been filmed by the BBC, Sky news, Eurosport and a Belgium TV company that I cannot remember the name of....

He has run with horses, played with cats and pet rabbits (our only husky that accepts cats and French Lop rabbits). He even befriended a miniature goat that used to live with my pony.

Anyway, in summary, if you want a reliable dog, that will do all that is asked of him, you call on the services of Krofti........

I have been honoured with the most amazing task, of carrying the Olympic Flame as part of the Torch Relay. I was originally nominated to do this with Kobi....

Kobi no longer lives amongst us, I hear his name and I remember why. Deep sadness will remain forever and a day, but life must go on. I will carry the Olympic Flame in Kobi's honour, and I will carry it with one of his "pack" by my side.

If I run with Kroi, and at his preferred pace, the Olympic Flame would be in danger as we would fly down the road faster than the speed of light..;-)

If I run with Kez we would have to take a tour of the entire Jurassic Coast before he would happily stop and let the next person in the relay carry the Olympic Flame....

If I run with Krofti, he will do all that is asked, probably without even being asked. The one that is so often overlooked, and yet the one that will never let me down.
And so, for this very reason, when I carry the Olympic Flame on 12th July, it will be Krotfi that will be by my side.

Krofti is a dog that has inspired many.... he runs with kids and adults alike. He makes them run when they would choose to walk....

Yesterday I practised with Krofti.... He turned his head and looked me in the eye each time I gave him a command. He may have asked me “why”, but he dutifully did all that I asked of him. 

Today he watched as I ran from side to side on the road, and then he followed my every step, I did not even have to say a word :-)))
At the moment Krofti is very sad, struggling with the loss of his best friend, I want to help him. I will help him. Together we will all carry the Olympic Flame, Krofti, Kobi and Kade - two in person, two in memory, and everyone else in my heart....