Wednesday 23 November 2011

Sometimes I get it wrong....

There exists a world where teleportation does not require a teleportation device. Wormholes can open and close in the blink of an eye....

I entered abruptly on day 1, thrown into a relentless river – fast slowing, torrential rapids. I tried to keep afloat, grabbing rocks and branches, anything to keep my head above water. But I kept getting swept further and further downstream. Dragged down from below and pushed from above.

I continued down this river for most of day 2. Sometimes able to gasp some breaths of air, mostly being smothered by the water, dragged further under and away from the surface. Away from life…

On day 3 I reached the sea. I saw no surface of this sea, only the dark murky depths of the ocean. I sank lower and lower into its depths. It was welcome relief when I finally reached the bottom.

On day 4 some magical force entered the ocean and caught me in its wake. It helped guide me to the surface of the ocean and the pushed me along to the sea-shores.

On day 5 I dragged my aching body from the ocean and took my first steps onto dry land. I started walking along the beaches.

On day 6 I started running. Running across the great deserts, the grass plains and through the forests and the moor lands.

On day 7 I will take to the sky. I will spread my wings and fly. Fly over the grasslands that I have run upon, over the beaches that I have walked upon. I will fly over the ocean that had once held me captive at the bottom, and over the raging, torrential river.

I will continue flying until I reached the foot of the mountains. This is where I will rest for a while.

One day I will climb these mountains. It might take a lifetime to reach the tops of these mountains. As long as it takes is as long as it will be....


I used to think that when I reached the top there would be someone waiting for me. Someone with whom I could totally be me, share me. And I share them. It would no longer be my world alone. It would be our world.

I got that wrong, I did not need to reach the top of that mountain to find that person. And even more amazingly along the way I found others that wanted to be a part of my world too. It is not my world alone, or to share with only one person.

And it is a world where magic really does exist and can be created by the mere use of words.....