Saturday 22 October 2011

The Little Angel Dog


Dear Mummy,

When I first started writing to you one year ago, I was cold, hungry and lost. I had run away from the “bad place” and was trying to find you. I hope one day I will find you as I have so much to tell.

So much has happened in a year. I have lived in many different homes and had many different names. I have met some really nice people and some very bad people.

I like where I am now, I think it is my forever home.

I have nice food every single day and I get to go out exploring the countryside every day. I am not allowed to run free when I am in the countryside, but I do not mind as I am allowed to play freely in a very large garden where lots of little mice and slow worms play chase with me. I can even pick my own raspberries and apples from the trees.

No one hurts me any more or gets cross when I try to talk or try to play. They don't lock me outside or ever tie me up. There is a little flappy door thing that I use to get from house to garden. It took me a very long time to not be scared of the flappy thing as it reminded me of when people hurt me when I tried to go through the door.

I have found a human mummy and daddy – they don't have fur like you, but they give me lots of love and attention and help me when I get scared.

They already had three fur kids when I first arrived at their home and recently they have got another little one – he is going to be BIG trouble.....

All the other fur kids were really nice to me when I arrived. Two of them are very old, and I know to respect them, but sometimes I tease Krofti and he pretends that he gets really grumpy. I also tease Kez and he pretends that he is a motor bike. I copy him - I sound like a Harley and he sounds like a Honda...

The new little fur kid is my best friend and I am showing him how to behave like a grown up. He thinks it is funny and tries to bite my ears and steal my food a little too much. I had to tell him to stop the other day and he ran and told human mummy and daddy. They smiled at me and told me I was a good boy, which I think annoyed the little fur kid because he thinks he has special rights as he is so cute. He even stole bananas and tried to hide the banana skins in my bed.

Sometimes people scare me and remind me of the bad people that didn't like me. If I get scared I ask my human mummy for help and she always seems to know what to do to make me feel better.

My human mummy and daddy run a lot and take me running with them. It was very hard at first as my body had suffered a lot from not having proper food as a baby and I could only run short distances. I would get tired quickly and have to stop and lie down.

Running makes my human mummy happy and I want to help make her happy. I have been trying very hard and sometimes I run round and round the garden to make my legs stronger and faster. I have watched the human athletes on the television and if it works for them, it can work for me.

Every Saturday Kez and I go with the humans to a local park where we get to run with lots of other people. I like running with other people as they help me go faster, but human mummy is not quite fast enough and slows me down. I think she should try running round and round the garden every day then she would be able to keep up with me.

I really like Saturday mornings as human mummy is so happy when we run and even happier when we finish. She always hugs me when we stop, and today she started crying. I don't think she was sad as she was smiling at the same time. She told me I was a very special little angel dog and she was so happy to have found me. She spoke of PBs, but I don't know what they are.

I like that she calls me an angel dog as it reminds me of you mum. You were my real life guardian angel for such a short time when I was little. Throughout the sad and bad times of my life I always thought of you and pretended you were near me, watching over me.

If I ever find you, you can come and live in this special house where the furry children and humans live a very happy life. There is a spare bunk bed for you.....

Always in my thoughts,
Kobi “the little angel dog”.