Sunday 15 January 2012

Dear Mummy: I have done a very bad thing...


Dear Mummy,

I don't think my new mum and dad love me anymore. They still feed me and run with me and they still touch me and say all the nice words that used to make me happy. But I don't feel that nice warm feeling from them anymore, mum's eyes don't smile at me anymore. I used to like that feeling, it made me feel safe and happy inside. Kez wont play with me anymore, he starts crying and running away whenever I go near him or try to speak to him.

Mum, dad and Kez look so sad all the time and I think it is because I did a very bad thing....

I was playing with Kez and then suddenly I went all weird and started biting him like the wild wolves bite the baby bisons on the television. I couldn't stop it even though Kez kept trying to run away, I just chased him and did it again, and again.

Mum and dad had to put me in another room to make me stop, and then they spent hours cleaning Kez's body and trying to stop him crying. Dad had to clean the walls cos they had got covered in mud and yeuch. I had a sore nose, which they bathed - I think Kez bit me to try and get me to stop hurting him.

I don't know why I did it. I have been feeling grumpy and aggitated recently, get cross when dogs tell me they are bigger and faster than me. Kez has not wanted to run with me recently and I get cross with him cos I know Mum wants us to run together. It makes her happy.

Sometimes I remember the bad stuff that happened to me. Sometimes I want to hurt the people that treated me so badly, make sure they don't ever do the same to another dog. Maybe I got confused and thought Kez was those bad people - sometimes he tries to wind me up saying things that upset me. I know he is just teasing me, but maybe I forgot this time.

Mum and dad let Kez move upstairs, and they didn't even shout at him when he kept weeing like a girl inside the house. He forgot that proper boys do little pees against trees.

They put a big cage in the kitchen and keep putting me inside it with treats. I like the treats but I don't like when the door on the cage is closed. I want to run and play in the house and garden with all the other guys. Kroi is really nice and comes and sits beside me with his toys. Then he runs over to Kez and tells him it will be ok, tells him one day we can all be friends again.

Kroi seems so smart for such a baby. He doesn't ever get grumpy and wants to be friends with everyone. The nice lady from next door kept trying to get him to play with tennis balls when I was really grumpy the other day. He pretended that he was interested so she kept throwing more for him to chase..... He now has a collection of tennis balls that he shows Kade with great pride. I wonder if I can try his trick when mum offers biscuits...

I heard mum and dad talking the other night when everyone else was sleeping. They spoke of sending me away on a holiday for a little while, or maybe forever. They also spoke of sending me to a special place in the sky. Then they got really upset and went all quiet. I don't want to go somewhere that will upset mum and dad. I want them to be happy like they way they have made me feel. I didn't know how to smile or wag my tail before I met them. I like smiling and wagging my tail.

They also spoke of removing something from my body that would stop me being a daddy. I don't want to be a daddy that would be silly. I wouldn't be able to run and play all day as I would have to look after the kids. They have spoken of this for a long time, but mum was worried that I would not be strong enough for them to remove it. She is being very silly as I am easily the strongest dog around here. I am faster and stronger than all the dogs I have ever met.

Yesterday mum and dad took Kez and Kroi away all day and when they came back mum had a big bandage on her elbow and on her knee. Mum smelled of "run", but Kez didn't, which I don't understand as Kez always smells of "run" when he goes away with mum. I heard mum crying when she moved her arm and she couldn't take me for a walk this morning, dad did instead.

I didn't mean to hurt Kez and I don't know why I did it. He is my best friend. I just want us to be a big happy family again.

I wish you could wave a magic wand and make it all better mummy, undo what has been done and help me forget the bad stuff that ever happened to me. I don't want it to haunt me forever.

Forever yours,
Kobi